Monday, November 19, 2012

ALH Playground, Angsila, Chon Buri, Thailand

Our whole goal for this trip was to complete a playground for the orphanage, making it the only one in an eight-mile radius.  Even though Thailand is in its winter season, it is stinkin' hot there! In fact, I had never, ever experienced heat on this level. The insane thing was it was only in the nineties, but with the humidity, I am sure the heat index was in the one hundred twenties. I GOOGLED it, but never could locate this info. Anyway, that being said, we would sweat through our shirts dozens of times a day; it literally poured off us in buckets!
The first couple of days were overcast, and it actually rained on Monday, so we got a lot done. Our foremen, Rick and Paul, thought we would finish on Wednesday...then came the heat wave. No clouds, no rain, fifty more holes to dig, piles of gravel to move to get to the level dirt where we needed to dig, plus a relocation of our sleeping arrangements, and lastly, our foreman, Rick getting food poisoning, made things look pretty bleak. We had to take more frequent breaks to prevent heat exhaustion AND drink even more water. We ran through it so fast, it kept running out.
Those gravel piles loomed around us like Goliath, with our shovels as the slingshots.So I asked about a Bobcat to move the gravel, and Karen got right on it. When the tractor got there Thursday afternoon, I cried as I heard a cheer rise up all around me, and we all did a happy dance. God showed His love to us all with the most simple answer to prayer that day, when I asked him to send a Bobcat. We got a Kubota, for Thursday AND Friday, and the playground was finished on schedule, at 9 AM! Praise Him! He is truly a personal and most kind and awesome, loving Father.








No comments:

Post a Comment