Sunday, September 16, 2012
Sep. 16, 2012 21:41 hours
Chonburi
ชลบุรี
Chonburi is literally translated from Thai to English as "City of Water." Located on the northeast corner of the Gulf of Thailand, it has a population of nearly 35,000 in a little over a 4 square mile radius. Put that up against Tehachapi, California, for example: We have nearly 25,000 people in our community and surrounding areas, but our square mile radius is 25 miles. That averages out to 1000 people living per square mile, and that is probably pushing it, because I don't know if places like Hart Flat, Sand Canyon, Stallion Springs, and Bear Valley were included in the census information. In contrast, 35,000 divided by 4 equals 8,750 people crammed into a single square mile, which amounts to OVER an 8:1 ratio! It is truly amazing how differently the rest of the world lives compared to the U.S., isn't it? I think this Google Earth map picture of Chon Buri says it all! I kind of wonder if God is looking down on this desparate city the way He looked down upon Ninevah. He loves those people, and He wants them to believe in Him. All they need is the chance to hear the gospel. I believe you must be feeling like I am right now, when I think of
how my Savior died to save me from my sins, just like He did for the entire rest of the world. I want to say, along with all of you who have the same desire to serve your dear Jesus, "Pick me! Pick me!" This is how God's love works. He places it into our hearts when we become His children, and then He asks us to give it back to others, so they will want to become His children, too. May God rain down His love on Chon Buri, Thailand!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment